|Monday-Thursday||6:00am - 11:00pm|
|Friday||6:00am - 10:00pm|
|Saturday||9:00am - 8:00pm|
|Sunday||9:00am - 10:00pm|
- ALL CAMPUS RECREATION FACILITIES ARE CLOSED FROM SATURDAY, 8/11 THROUGH MONDAY, 8/20 FOR CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE
- Welcome Week 2018 (8/21-8/26) Hours of Operation
- Labor Day Weekend (August 31-September 3) Hours of Operation
At a Glance
Front Check-In Counter: 215.204.2700
The space provides opportunities for a variety of fitness activities, and is the primary weight room facility on Main Campus. This location provides 8,000 sq. ft. of weight room space.
- 20 barbell training stations including full and half power racks, military press, and incline, decline and flat bench press.
- 10 plate loaded stations including a variety of upper and lower body variations.
- Functional training space that included suspension trainers, kettlebells and battle ropes.
- 4 platforms equipped with bumper plates.
- Dedicated dumbbell area with weights ranging from 5-120lbs.
- Patrons must be 18 years or older and have valid Campus Recreation access to enter Campus Recreation facilities.
- Patrons must carry a valid Temple University issued identification card at all times.
- Use of Campus Recreation facilities and programs is voluntary. Patrons assume all risk associated with participation.
- The following actions are cause for immediate dismissal from the facility and may result in temporary or permanent loss of privileges:
- Disorderly conduct
- Inappropriate behavior
- Abuse of facility or equipment
- Abuse of staff members
- Disregard for Campus Recreation policies
- Violation of university policies and procedures including, but not limited to, the Student Conduct Code
- Personal items that are not in use must be stored in a locker. Campus Recreation is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Equipment must be used as intended by the manufacturer.
- Staff has the right to prohibit any outside fitness equipment.
- Proper footwear is required at all times. Proper footwear is defined as a sneaker that has a rubber, non-marking sole and covers the entire heel and top of the foot.
- Shirts must be worn at all times within Campus Recreation facilities.
- Food and non-sealed beverages are restricted to lounge areas. All drinks must be in sealed, non-glass containers while in activity areas.
- Unauthorized use of camera/video/audio recording devices is prohibited. Authorization must be in writing and may only be provided by Camus Recreation full-time staff.
- Personal music playing devices must be used with headphones at all times.
- Personal Training services may only be administered by Campus Recreation staff. Unauthorized Personal Training is strictly prohibited.
- Weights must be controlled at all times. Slamming, dropping and throwing of weights or equipment is prohibited.
- Return all weights and equipment to proper storage areas after use.
- Organized groups must receive proper approval to exercise within Campus Recreation facilities.
Tues., September 25, Wed., October 24 and Thurs., November 8
Aramark Student Training and Recreation (STAR) Complex, Weight Room
In this women’s only workshop, you will be shown proper technique on how to structure your sets and repetitions ranges to obtain the results you’re working towards. Each work-shop is limited to 20 participants. Registration closes two (2) days before each workshop date. All workshops take place at the Aramark STAR Complex, Weight Room.
In this women’s only workshop, you will be shown proper technique for using the various free weight equipment, including; barbells, dumbbells, and kettlebells. You will also learn the basics of how to structure your sets and rep ranges to obtain the results you’re working towards. Each workshop is limited to 20 participants. The registration for the workshops closes two days before the workshop date and takes place at the Aramark Student Training and Recreation Complex, weight room. Must have rec access.
Session 1: September 25th