Walk, Jog, Run--A guide for stepping out on Main Campus and around Philadelphia.
Due to COVID 19, Campus Recreation facilities will have a staged reopening during the Fall 2020 semester. For information on the facilities currently open and any anticipated changes please go to How to Reserve Your Fitness Time page. For the most current information regarding Campus Recreation check back to the Campus Rec COVID-19 Updates page or our social media platforms.
Questions or concerns please contact, firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested in starting or continuing your path to fitness by walking or jogging? The Temple University Campus Recreation department has a myriad of wonderful facilities to help you on your journey. Check out the facilities section of this web site for more info on what TU CREC has to offer. If you are interested in enjoying the wonderful exercise amenities throughout the Philadelphia area please see the below info on places and organizations that can help you be successful on your path to RUNNING, WALKING, OR JOGGING!
Local Running Routes
Philly Area Running Clubs & Associations
- Northeast Road Runners Club--www.nerrc.net
- South Jersey Athletic Club--www.southjerseyac.org
- Bryn Mawr Running Club--www.runbmrc.org
- Bucks County Roadrunners--www.bcrrclub.com
- Delco Road Runners Club--www.delcorrc.com
- Fast Track Women's Running Club--www.fasttracksrunning.org
Publications and Websites
- Runner's World Magazine--http://www.runnersworld.com/
- Road Runners Clubs of America--www.rrca.org
- Runners Adovate--users.erols.com/runadvte
- Races 2 Run--www.races2run.com
- Cool Running--www.coolrunning.com
- Run the Day--www.runtheday.com
- Run 215--http://www.run215.com/
Running Hints and Tips
- Do NOT run alone.
- User proper footwear and ensure proper shoe fit.
- Do not take long runs in new shoes.
- Watch for blisters.
- Do not run on an empty or full stomach.
- Take small sips of water before, during and after running. Do not take large gulps.
- Try to avoid wearing head phones. They make you less aware of your surroundings and vulnerable.
- Wear sunscreen.
- Stretch after running.
- Increase mileage and speed slowly.
Winter Running Tips:
- Do not run if temperature is at 0 degrees or below or if the wind chill is -20 degrees.
- Dress for the wind chill factor not the temperatue.
- Protect head, hands and feet. Heat easily escapes from these areas.
- Dress in layers and avoid cotton, as it retains moisture.
- Watch for frost bite.
- Stay hydrated! Just because you are not hot doesn't mean you haven't lost any fluid.