1800 North Broad Street
Regular Semester Hours of Operation
(Begins Monday, January 13th)
*Hours will be modified over the spring break
POOL 30 HOURS OF OPERATION:
|Monday - Thursday||6:30am - 2:30pm (L) and 5:00pm - 9:00pm|
|Friday||6:30am - 2:30pm (L) and 5:00pm - 8:00pm|
|Saturday and Sunday||11:00am - 3:30pm|
The Campus Recreation Aquatics program provides informal recreational opportunities, such as lap swim in Pool 30, and structured group fitness programs, special events, and certifications in Pool 31. Professionally certified staff members are always on duty during all of our recreational aquatic programs and events.
The Aquatics facility is located in the basement of Pearson and McGonigle Halls; 1800 North Broad Street. Recreational and lap swimming is available in Pool 30. Hours of operation for this pool are listed above, as well as on the informal rec schedule, updated each semester. Specific hours are identified for lap swim only (L), allowing for productive workouts. All of the other hours are identified as open swimming.
- Patrons must carry a valid Temple University issued identification card at all times.
- No one is allowed in the pool area without the presence of a Temple University Lifeguard.
- Use of Campus Recreation facilities and programs is voluntary. Patrons assume all risk associated with participation.
- The following actions are cause for immediate dismissal from the facility and may result in temporary or permanent loss of privileges:
- Disorderly conduct
- Inappropriate behavior
- Abuse of facility or equipment
- Abuse of staff members
- Disregard for Campus Recreation policies
- Violation of university policies and procedures including, but not limited to, the Student Conduct Code
- Diving is strictly prohibited.
- Food, gum, non-sealed beverages and glass bottles are prohibited. Only water is allowed while in the pool area.
- Unauthorized use of camera/video/audio recording devices is prohibited. Authorization must be in writing and may only be provided by Camus Recreation full-time staff.
- Swimsuits are required. Cut off, mesh, and undergarment shorts are prohibited.
- Individuals with band-aids, open cuts/sores or rashes are not permitted in the pool.
- No underwater breath holding activities are permitted.
- Guards may require testing to determine swim capability and limit access based on results. Anyone not satisfactorily passing the test MUST be kept in the shallow end.
- Campus Recreation is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Circle swimming is recommended when sharing a lane.
- Please have respect for others and do not interfere with their activity in the pool especially if they've entered the pool before you. Failure to do so may result in removal from the facility.