Regular Semester Hours of Operation (Begins Monday, August 27th)
|Monday - Thursday||6:30am - 2:30pm and 5:00pm - 9:00pm|
|Friday||6:30am - 2:30pm and 5:00pm - 8:00pm|
|Saturday and Sunday||11:00am - 3:30pm|
The Campus Recreation Aquatics program provides informal recreational opportunities, such as open swim or lap swim, and also structured group fitness programs, sport clubs, special events, and certifications. Professionally certified staff members are always on duty during all of our recreational aquatic programs.
The Aquatics program is located in Pearson and McGonigle Halls Pool 30 and 31. Recreational swimming is available in Pool 30. Hours of operation are listed on the informal rec schedule each semester. Specific hours are identified for lap swim only (L), allowing for productive workouts, with other hours identified as open swimming.
- Patrons must carry a valid Temple University issued identification card at all times.
- No one is allowed in the pool area without the presence of a Temple University Lifeguard.
- Use of Campus Recreation facilities and programs is voluntary. Patrons assume all risk associated with participation.
- The following actions are cause for immediate dismissal from the facility and may result in temporary or permanent loss of privileges:
- Disorderly conduct
- Inappropriate behavior
- Abuse of facility or equipment
- Abuse of staff members
- Disregard for Campus Recreation policies
- Violation of university policies and procedures including, but not limited to, the Student Conduct Code
- Diving is strictly prohibited.
- Food, gum, non-sealed beverages and glass bottles are prohibited. Only water is allowed while in the pool area.
- Unauthorized use of camera/video/audio recording devices is prohibited. Authorization must be in writing and may only be provided by Camus Recreation full-time staff.
- Swimsuits are required. Cut off, mesh, and undergarment shorts are prohibited.
- Individuals with band-aids, open cuts/sores or rashes are not permitted in the pool.
- No underwater breath holding activities are permitted.
- Guards may require testing to determine swim capability and limit access based on results. Anyone not satisfactorily passing the test MUST be kept in the shallow end.
- Campus Recreation is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Circle swimming is recommended when sharing a lane.
- Please have respect for others and do not interfere with their activity in the pool especially if they've entered the pool before you. Failure to do so may result in removal from the facility.
Swimmers that complete 20 miles in one semester will be rewarded with a campus recreation prize! Ends today.
Fall Lockers expire today. Be sure to renew yours today! Half lockers cost $13 and full lockers cost $20. Payment options include cash, check/money order, and Diamond Dollars.
Looking for a locker for the Spring semester? We have lockers available in our Pearson and McGonigle Hall facilities and IBC Student Recreation Center.
Half lockers cost $13 and full lockers cost $20. Payment options include cash, check/money order, and Diamond Dollars.