Policies and Procedures
Due to COVID 19 the Campus Recreation facilities and programs will remain closed indefinitely. For the most current information regarding Campus Recreation check back to this page or our social media platforms.
- Participants must have valid recreation access and be classified as a current student, faculty/staff member, administration or alumnus in order to be eligible for participation.
- Participation must complete all clients documents prior to first meeting with Personal Trainer. *This includes obtaining physician's clearance if necessary.
- Participants must complete a Fitness Assessment with our Personal Training staff prior to their first excercise session.
- Sessions conducted are to be 60 minutes in length and begin at the scheduled time set between client and Personal Trainer prior to meeting. If a client is late to the session the delay in time will be forfeited and the client will be trained with the remaining time left.
- Sessions are scheduled at a mutually convenient time and location between both parties (client and personal trainer) and must be rescheduled 24 hours prior to the start of the session, if necessary. Failure to reschedule a session without a 24-hour notice will result in loss of the session.
- All personal training sessions are to be conducted solely by certified Personal Trainers employed through the department of Campus Recreation. All sessions must take place within Campus Recreation facilities during regularly scheduled open hours.
- In order to register for Personal Training participants must follow these steps:
- Fill out a Personal Trainer Request form online.
- The request will be processed and the participant will be contacted by a Campus Recreation employee within 72 hours to set up an initial consulation.
- Prior to the initial consulation the participant must complete all preliminary documentation and bring it with them to the consulation.
- The participant is then required to purchase a Personal Training package in FULL prior to the next meeting. All purchases must be made at the Campus Recreation Main Office located at Pearson & McGonigle Halls - Suite 303. The only forms of accepted payment are Cash, Check/Money Order or Diamond Dollars and the payment cannot be broken up between these allocations.
- Once the reciept of payment is recieved the client will be contaced within 72 hours to set up their Fitness Assessment.
- All sessions expire twelve months from date of purchase
- Purchased sessions are non-refundable except in the case of:
- Formal leave of absence from the University (must provide documentation)
- Changes in medical condition that prohibit participation (must provide documentation).
- If a session needs to be cancelled, it must be done at least 24 hours in advance by notifying the Personal Trainer by phone and/or email. If a session is cancelled less than 24 hours prior to the set start time, the session will be forfeited.