Independence Blue Cross Student Rec Center (IBC)
Regular Semester Hours of Operation
|Monday-Thursday||6:00am - 11:00pm|
|Friday||6:00am - 10:00pm|
|Saturday||9:00am - 8:00pm|
|Sunday||9:00am - 10:00pm|
At a Glance
Front Check-In Counter: 215.204.2200
Open since the beginning of the 1998 spring semester, the Independence Blue Cross Student Recreation Center provides patrons with a variety of quality recreational opportunities and is the primary area for general fitness activities and programs. Access is available to students, staff, faculty, and alumni of Temple University who have paid the rec fee; access policies are strictly enforced. Located at the corner of 15th Street and Cecil B Moore Avenue, the entrance to the center is off of 15th Street across from the parking garage.
- Patrons must be 18 years or older and have valid Campus Recreation access to enter Campus Recreation facilities.
- Patrons must carry a valid Temple University issued identification card at all times.
- Use of Campus Recreation facilities and programs is voluntary. Patrons assume all risk associated with participation.
- The following actions are cause for immediate dismissal from the facility and may result in temporary or permanent loss of privileges:
- Disorderly conduct
- Inappropriate behavior
- Abuse of facility or equipment
- Abuse of staff members
- Disregard for Campus Recreation policies
- Violation of university policies and procedures including, but not limited to, the Student Conduct Code
- Personal items that are not in use must be stored in a locker. Campus Recreation is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Equipment must be used as intended by the manufacturer.
- Staff has the right to prohibit any outside fitness equipment.
- Proper footwear is required at all times. Proper footwear is defined as a sneaker that has a rubber, non-marking sole and covers the entire heel and top of the foot.
- Shirts must be worn at all times within Campus Recreation facilities.
- Food and non-sealed beverages are restricted to lounge areas. All drinks must be in sealed, non-glass containers while in activity areas.
- Unauthorized use of camera/video/audio recording devices is prohibited. Authorization must be in writing and may only be provided by Camus Recreation full-time staff.
- Personal music playing devices must be used with headphones at all times.
- Personal Training services may only be administered by Campus Recreation staff. Unauthorized Personal Training is strictly prohibited.
- Weights must be controlled at all times. Slamming, dropping and throwing of weights or equipment is prohibited.
- Return all weights and equipment to proper storage areas after use.
- Organized groups must receive proper approval to exercise within Campus Recreation facilities.