Campus Rec Covid-19 Updates
Campus Recreation will continue to update this page (updated 3/25/2021) to help answer many of your questions. If you have a question not answered below please email us at email@example.com
- Are Campus Recreation facilities currently open?
- Do I have to wear a mask while working out indoors?
- Yes, please review the University's "Use of Masks or Face Coverings During Exercise" protocol.
- What are the Four Pillars of Health at Temple University?
- Click here to view them
- Are Campus Recreation facilities currently open?
- Is the track and other outdoor facilities on Main Campus open?
- The outdoor track at Temple Sports Complex (TSC) is closed, however the track at Aramark Student Training and Recreation (ASTAR) complex remains open. Reservations are not needed but we encourage all users to adhere to the Four Pillars of Health.
- The Track at Aramark STAR Complex does not require a reservation. We ask that all participant adhere to the Four Pillars of Health.
- What facilities are open and what are their hours of operation?
- Visit our Hours of Operation page for the most up to date schedules.
- I had restarted my Payroll Deduction this Fall, what do I need to do now that facilities are closed indefinately?
- Payroll Deduction will still be deducted from paychecks for November 2020, after that Payroll Deduction will be paused until facilities reopen.
- Upon reopening patrons will not need to do anything for their memberships to restart.
- As an alumni can I utilize the facilities this Spring?
- Campus Recreation has made the very difficult decision to continue to not allow alumni access to our facilities for the Spring 2021 semester. As we navigate our return to campus plans to allow the use of Campus Recreation facilities while complying with local and state guidelines it is clear that we must restrict membership to allow our current student population priority access. Our hope is that we are able to invite all of our Alumni back as soon as possible!
- Can I bring a guest with me to workout?
- Campus Recreation has made the very difficult decision to not allow guest access to our facilities for the fall 2020 semester. As we navigate our return to campus plans to allow the use of Campus Recreation facilities while complying with local and state guidelines it is clear that we must restrict membership to allow our current student population priority access. Our hope is that we are able to allow patrons to bring guests with them.
- Will there be Intramural during the Spring 2021?
- Due to COVID-19 restrictions, Campus Recreation's intramural offerings for the Spring 2021 began in the virtual environment. As conditions have improved we will beging offering in-person Intramurals on March 22nd. CLICK HERE for information on our in-person leagues. We will continue to offer virtual leagues, tournaments and special events. For more information visit our Intramurals page.
- Are Sport Clubs active during Spring 2021?
- All Sport Club activities, including practices and games, were suspended until March 21, 2021. Clubs have begun small group training session during the week of March 22nd. Sport Clubs will continue to be active in the virtual environment with fitness training, member development and organizational develop. If you are interested in a club or to stay up to date on what they are doing visit our Sport Club page.
- If you are interested in joining a Sport Club visit our Interested in Joining a Sport Club page for contact information.
- Are there still Group Fitness sessions being offered?
- YES! Beginning on March 29th we will begin to offer a limited number of in person group fitness session. We will continue to offer virtual group fitness sessions via Zoom.
- Campus Recreation has also partnered with the app FitOn to supplement our group fitness sessions. FitOn offers a large library of live and on-demand sessions. Click here for more information on FitOn.
- What is Campus Recreation doing since capacities are limited?
- We will offering a large amount of Virtual Programming options throughout the semester. Continue to check our Virtual Programming page and our social media channels for the most up to date information!
- Can I still do Personal Training?
- Due to COVID-19, Personal Training has been suspended for the Spring semester. If you have questions please contact Kourtney Clark, Fitness Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- What is IM Leagues?
- IM Leagues is a platform Campus Recreation has utilized for a couple of years to run our intramural leagues. For Spring 2021, we will have activated two additional portals in IM Leagues. One will allow participants to register for Group Fitness sessions, which will be virtual. The second will allow participants to register for blocks to utilize fitness equipment.
- How do I use it?
- Who should I contact if I am having difficulty with IM Leagues?
- Please contact Jay Gallagher, Associate Director-Programs, at email@example.com
How do I stay connected to Campus Recreation?
- Please continue to check back to our website for the most up to date information. You can also follow us on Social Media at:
I still have questions, how can I get them answered?
- Please use the Feedback form on the right side of this page or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have and we will gladly get back to you with answers.