Waivers and Rec Access
All patrons wishing to use the Temple Climbing Wall must have Rec Access and must fill out a waiver,
Never climbed before? No problem. We offer free orientations to get you on the wall and climbing!
In order to belay at the Climbing Wall, patrons must first pass a belay assessment demonstrating competancy fitting a harness, tying a figure-eight retrace knot, and belaying with an ATC. Experienced climbers may request a belay test during normal operating hours. Climbing wall staff may not always be available to administer the belay test. Belay tests are free of charge.
Policies and Procedures
- Patrons must have valid Temple University ID with swipe access and paid recreation fees. Those without swipe access, but are Temple affiliated please refer to main office.
- Use of facility is at your own risk.
- All first time users must sign a waiver and go through the orientation.
- Bags must be stored in cubbies. No personal items may be left on the floor.
- Campus Recreation and Temple are not responsible for lost or stolen Articles.
- Water is allowed in the climbing area. No other food, drinks or gum are allowed on floor.
- Climbing shoes or sneakers must be worn at all times. No barefoot belaying or belaying in flip flops. No barefoot climbing, open-toed sandals, hiking boots or hard soled shoes.
- Socks must be worn with rental shoes.
- No teaching or instruction of technical skills within the gym except by climbing wall staff.
- No swinging or jumping on ropes.
- Do not grab bolt hangers or quickdraws. Bolt hangers are for carabiners only.
- Boulderers may not boulder above or below any other climbers.
- Climbers may not switch holds. Tell a staff member if a hold is loose.
- Climbers may bring their own gear, but must have it inspected prior to use in the gym.